bpa wrote:
> Nothing significantly changed in DASH handling - so regards problem
> coming back - that is just coincidence.

I thought there might be some change to the transcoding pipeline - but
it looks like that's only faad2 so presumably not relevant.

bpa wrote:
> Changing the values and testing is not necessarily the best strategy as
> LMS/Windows does caching so a "good" setting now after a lot of quick
> tweaks may be "bad" in a few hours when caches expire.

Ahh - OK so all I know really is that I changed it from 4 to 5 minutes
and it might have helped or maybe it was coincidence, but I did
definitely have the problem at one stage.

bpa wrote:
>  Details also help to give specific advice.
> Are you in the UK ?
> What type of player are you using ?
> What is the "Live stream preference" setting
> What is the "Buffer threshold" setting

UK - Yes.  Player is an SB3.  Live stream is DASH > HLS > MP3 >
FlashAAC.  I think my Buffer Threshold was high: maybe the highest
setting - not sure, can't check at the minute.

bpa wrote:

> For now, my advice is as follows:
> 1. If you need "skip back" then use the DASH streams - start delay
> shouldn't matter if you skipback.
> 2. If you just want Live Radio - play the MP3 streams with 1.6.1 -
> depending on the player type - you should have all the metadata.

Ok thanks.  It seems to be working kind of OK at the minute with the 5
minute setting but I might try MP3 - I don't use the skip back much.

Thanks!

Ben