Man in a van wrote:
> A few weeks ago I tried Windows 7 Home and Win7 Pro on an old Shuttle
> with a Celeron processor and I had a 15 sec delay with playback on both
> OS. Neither would give instant playback.
Celeron - how many cores ?

What do you mean by "delay"   - the setting value or the time taken
before audio is heard after pressing play ?
I expect a significant delay setting is needed (e.g. 30 sec - 1 minute)
but if followed by another 15 sec before audio - that is not expected.

For a problematic Windows system a delay setting of 15 secs is usually
not enough.