grimmace92 wrote:
> Ok I've tested from the Home Assistant GUI and the only thing I can get
> to work is populating Artist name with the music source as LMS and then
> choosing play artist.  Nothing else works.  Nothing from Spotify.  I've
> checked all of the shell scripts to see if they work from putty and they
> do.  I still haven't put anything in the configuration.yaml file under
> http.  I'll mess around with it now to see if it makes a difference but
> anytime I put anything in there it gives me an error when trying to
> login,

Does pause, play, volume work on the player?

If the only one working is artist for music source lms (this action does
not require a shell script file at this time), then the shell files are
not being called properly and the likely cause of that is path to the
shell scripts is incorrect or the shell script file rights are incorrect
/ not executable.  Check the configuration.yaml section and confirm the
path to the files is correct.  In addition you could chmod the shell
files with 777 to ensure they are executable by all.

Code:
--------------------
    shell_command:
  lms_qry_alb: 'bash /config/shell/qry_alb.sh {{text1}} {{text2}}'
  lms_qry_alb_song: 'bash /config/shell/qry_alb_song.sh {{text1}} {{text2}}
{{text3}}'
  lms_spot_art: 'bash /config/shell/spot_art_top.sh {{text1}}'
  lms_spot_art_alb: 'bash /config/shell/spot_art_alb.sh {{text1}} {{text2}}'
  lms_spot_art_alb_song: 'bash /config/shell/spot_art_alb_song.sh {{text1}}
{{text2}} {{text3}}'
  lms_spot_playlist: 'bash /config/shell/spot_playlist.sh {{text1}}'
--------------------

Depending on how you installed Home Assistant, your path could be
somethign like:  *-/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/shell- *rather
than *-/config/shell-*

*software* - logitech media server version: 7.9.1, home assistant
0.84.6, dialogflow - v.1 api, lms controls app - voice control of lms,
openmediavault 4.1.17 - storage
*add-ons* - spotty, upnp / dlna bridge, chromecast bridge,
*players* - sonos, upnp, pi3 - pi core player 3.5.0, android- sb player
v1.4.0, airplay to googlehome and minis
*hardware* - server - i7-3.4ghz, 4gb ram, 6tb storage, debian - 4.18