grimmace92 wrote:
> Still no luck.  The play, restart and advance buttons work.  In my
> docker details I see the file folder as web/docker/homeassistant and the
> mount as /config
> Under environment variables I see this
> /usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin
>
> I tried chmod 777 -R /config/shell and it says no such directory do I
> did it for the full path /volume1/web/docker/homeassistant/shell and it
> looked like it worked as it went back to the prompt
>
> this is how i installed home assistant
>
> sudo docker run --name home-assistant --restart=always --net=host
> --privileged -itd -v /volume1/web/docker/homeassistant:/config -v
> /usr/syno/etc/certificate:/certificate --device /dev/ttyACM0
> homeassistant/home-assistant:latest
>
> Do I need to make the user root in order for these to run?  In trying to
> research it seems docker doesn't see user only PID?  I'm not sure of any
> of this stuff.  Seems like I'm very close though...
>
> Seeing this in the log a lot
>
> Log Details (ERROR)
> Sat Jan 05 2019 14:08:17 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
>
> Failed communicating with LMS: <class
> 'aiohttp.client_exceptions.ServerDisconnectedError'>

Open a terminal to your HA installation, go to your shell directory
which is usually (supposed to be) just under the config directory
/config/shell (where you put your shell script files (ie: qry_alb.sh,
etc..)) and type pwd.  This will give you the full path. The full path
is what should be put in you configuration.yaml file.  A typicall hassio
direcotry structure would look like:

\config
\config\shell
\config\scripts
etc...

To open a shell to the docker container I use the following type of
command:  *docker exec -it homeassistant bash*
This will open a terminal inside the docker container.

*software* - logitech media server version: 7.9.1, home assistant
0.84.6, dialogflow - v.1 api, lms controls app - voice control of lms,
openmediavault 4.1.17 - storage
*add-ons* - spotty, upnp / dlna bridge, chromecast bridge,
*players* - sonos, upnp, pi3 - pi core player 3.5.0, android- sb player
v1.4.0, airplay to googlehome and minis
*hardware* - server - i7-3.4ghz, 4gb ram, 6tb storage, debian - 4.18