murkle wrote:
> Is there caching of the feeds for listen again which means that if e.g.,
> you try and listen to a program that was broadcast just a couple of
> hours ago it won't show?
>
> The show 'World At One' on Radio 4 broadcast at 1pm  -> 1.45pm. It's
> currently available on BBC Sounds App to listen to, but in LMS the last
> available program from today is a program that finished at 1pm today -
> it's now 3.35pm

There is caching of feeds but on LMS. So if you get a HTTP error (e.g.
40x, 50x)  - the error will be cached and refreshed if you try every few
minutes.

If the fetch works but there are missing or unplayable programs - the
issue is the BBC and management of data feeds.

The BBCiPlayer and BBCiPlayerExtra plugins do not look for podcast (MP3)
but the broadcast programs (AAC) which for UK listeners have higher
quality. Some program BBCionly make the podcast available.

The BBCiPlayer plugin menu which has 7 days is a XML feed for 3rd
parties and I think it is refreshed only 3-4 times during the day (and I
think not at night) . So a program broadcast at 1.00pm may not appear
until about 5 or 6pm.

BBCiPlayer Extra plugin main menus  (e.g. category, A-Z) gets their
contents from another feed (which was supposed to be cut off by BBC last
year )  and tends to be update a lot quicker and have 30 daysprograsm
(and sometime a bit more)

BBCiPlayerEXtra plugin also had a Podcast menu which parses and sorts
BBC Podcast feeds so make it easier to find BBC podcast programs - some
of which do not appear in othe plugin menus as they are web broadcast or
podcast only.

The BBC make it so simple !