kingswindsor wrote:
> I think I have worked out.... and feel slightly embarrassed.  After
> looking at the log, it occurred to me that I should check my Pi-Hole
> ad-blocker which covers my home LAN.  I found that it had been blocking
> 'as-dash-uk-live.akamaized.net' so I whitelisted it and it now works
> with DASH-first preference.
>
> Thanks for all the suggestions and sorry for not investigating more
> thoroughly before posting.  At least I have tuned my system by reducing
> the delay to zero, and it all works well.

Glad that it has worked out.  BBC uses 2 CDNs so if you have a problem
it is worth trying the "alt CDN" menu to see if you get different
behaviour.

For users of 1.6.2 or later and LMS 7.9.1 (July 2018) or later - delay
of zero (post has a missing "not" now corrected) is now "Normal".  Only
older/slower processor usually with one core may need to add a small
delay.  The original delay was mainly needed to overcome behaviour
caused by a small bug in LMS.