d6jg wrote:
> I should have added that the above example is a local file tagged with
> Album Artist as "Jeff Beck" and "Rod Stewart". These seems to be the
> cause of the *i* lookup failure but clearly there is a subtle code
> difference between how the lookup is called via *i* and how it is called
> via More / Album Info / Album Review. The latter seems to always work
> whereas the former only works if there is a single Album Artist.
>
> Is this actually a Material issue?
>
> EDIT. Tagging with multiple Album Artists may not be that common but I
> do know that a lot of people use it to deal with the likes of "Robert
> Plant & Alison Krauss" where if I had that album (I don't) I'd tag Album
> Artist as "Robert Plant & Alison Krauss; Robert Plant; Alison Krauss".
> I'd always put the artist named on the album itself as the first tag
> item. Generally Material seems to work with this approach nicely but not
> here it seems.

I think you have hit the nail on the head. When calling "albumreview" on
MAI, I pass in the artist, artist_id, album and album_id. However, by
looking at the MAI code it would appear ony album_id is required. Can
you try the following:

-  Start material
-  Add the track from the album with issues to the queue
-  Open your browses developer tools
-  In the dev tools, navigate to the 'Network' tab
-  Play, then pause, song, but do not show info just yet
-  Clear logged network calls in the "Network" tab - there should be a
  clear, or trashcan', icon. (This step is to jsut reduce the noise)
-  Now press the 'i' icon
-  in the network tab you should see the requests set to the LMS. In
  chrome, you would see a list with 3 aentries that have just
  "jsonrpc.js". Click on each until you see -params: ["",
  "musicartistinfo", "albumreview"....- in the "Headers" section (under
  Request Payload). (You might need to expand "params" to see if its the
  correct one).
-  Once you have the correct call, on the left hand list (jsonrpc.js)
  right click and select "Copy / Copy as cURL"
-  Go to a console window, and paste the text you just copied
-  Run the command. It should return the 'could not find' response
-  Now run the command again, but this time change
  -["musicartistinfo", "albumreview", ....]- so that it just has
  "album_id:XXXX" (where XXXX is the id in the call). e.g.
  -["musicartistinfo","albumreview","html:1","album_id:44303"]-

Does the 2nd call now return the correct info? If so, that proves
"album_id" is sufficient.