First, thanks for getting back so quickly.
rgdawson wrote:
> I have not seen this behavior before.  It should not matter what
> browser(s) you have installed outside of SLX.  SLX uses the Chromium
> Embedded Framework (CEF) and operates independently of any other browser
> on your system.  Let me make sure I understand your scenario.  I assume
> it is the browser interface in SLX that keeps reloading.  Are you using
> the Default Skin or Material Skin?  Does the "reloading" occur on any
> sort of interval or continuous?  You can bring up a log window by
> pressing F12.  Do you see entries in the log that correspond to the
> reloading?  I assume if you connect to LMS with a regular browser you do
> not see this behavior.

Yes, the browser interface keeps reloading. I am using the Material
Skin. It's a continous reload afaict. I did view the log but could not
figure out a way to save it. LMS in a regular browser works just fine.

rgdawson wrote:
> Edit: More questions:
> Is your server password protected?
> Is there anything else unusual about your setup or networking setup?
Nothing special, the server has a password.

rgdawson wrote:
> If you are seeing a reload say every 5 seconds, you should see
> corresponding info in the log window.  I'm wondering if the telnet
> connection is getting dropped.
Yes I think this is what it is.

BosseJ wrote:
> Perhaps also check the setting for browser refresh on the LMSserver:
> Settings/Interface, third item below the table for Title settings.
> Default is 30 sec but can be as low as 2 sec.
It is set to 30 sec.

rgdawson wrote:
> In looking at my code, I can see one way that could happen.  When SLX
> connects it first tests the server on http.  If that works (including
> authentication), then it connects the Telnet.  If that works, then it
> loads the page.  After that, it checks every 5 seconds to see if Telnet
> is still connected.  If it is not it, it tries connect as described and
> that process will invoke a page load.  I've never seen it happen, but if
> Telnet initially connects, then gets quickly dropped, then this would
> happen.  It would be weird for the connection to be successful, then
> drop, except for the authentication process.  The way LMS works is that
> after you successfully connect to Telnet on a password protected server,
> the very first message to the server on Telnet must be a login username
> password message.  If any other message shows up first, then the Telnet
> connection is terminated.  Of course my code knows this and works this
> way (famous last words).  If something is going wrong here, the log
> should show it.  And if the issue is here, a good test would be to test
> without password protection on the server.
I think this could be it. I also made a screenshot video showing the
main window and the log file. I could not figure out a way to send it to
you via email and I am not registered with any of the services offered
in this forum. Is there any way to get in touch?

dsm 6.2 (synology disk station 115) running lms 7.9.1 -- rpi with a
hifiberry dac+ running picoreplayer (any old version?) -- nokia lumia
running windows phone 8.1 and soundicity -- <s>moto g peregrine xt1039
running cm 14 (android 7.1.2)</s> -- <s>zettaly avy running android
4.4.4</s> -- squeeze ctrl app