BosseJ wrote:
> Perhaps also check the setting for browser refresh on the LMSserver:
> Settings/Interface, third item below the table for Title settings.
> Default is 30 sec but can be as low as 2 sec.
I don't think this is the issue as that settings does not dramatically
impact the user interface, which I think is what he is seeing.  By his
description, the web page is being loaded from scratch repeatedly.

In looking at my code, I can see one way that could happen.  When SLX
connects it first tests the server on http.  If that works (including
authentication), then it connects the Telnet.  If that works, then it
loads the page.  After that, it checks every 5 seconds to see if Telnet
is still connected.  If it is not it, it tries connect as described and
that process will invoke a page load.  I've never seen it happen, but if
Telnet initially connects, then gets quickly dropped, then this would
happen.  It would be weird for the connection to be successful, then
drop, except for the authentication process.  The way LMS works is that
after you successfully connect to Telnet on a password protected server,
the very first message to the server on Telnet must be a login username
password message.  If any other message shows up first, then the Telnet
connection is terminated.  Of course my code knows this and works this
way (famous last words).  If something is going wrong here, the log
should show it.  And if the issue is here, a good test would be to test
without password protection on the server.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X