> Talking of iPeng - if you have the player add-in then iPeng refers to
> itself as (in my case) "Jim's iPhone 8" - no way of changing it that I
> know of and therefore no way of controlling that with Alexa.
>
> I shall be interested to hear about that and also how to deal with a
> situation where you do have multiple players in a room - I, for example,
> have Bedroom and Bedroom Headphones although realistically my use of
> Alexa is not going to be limited to my "living Room" player initially

I could add a rename command so you can rename a player as discovered
during the LMS query to something workable (an alias). e.g:

Alexa, tell Media Server I want to rename a player
Which Player?
Jim's iPhone 8
What's your new name for Jim's iPhone 8?
Bazinga
OK, from now on you can refer to Jim's iPhone 8 as Bazinga

That would mean you can leave your server names at things like Touch if
you like and have the skill know them under different (room) names. You
could even ask what mappings exist and have her tell you the original
discovered name and your alias. "Alexa, ask Media Server for my
aliases". But that might confuse a lot of people who have to remember
the aliases and will see different names reported in e.g. iPeng and on
the screens of Echos with screens. Consistency is a good thing.

Regarding the 2 players in one room, the -guidance- is that  a bareword
will always work, but a compound name is certainly not a guaranteed
no-no. You can certainly give it a try. I was surprised how well some
non-barewords worked but also sometimes about how some others did not.
It wasn't predictable and it's one of those YMMV things.

Player naming freedom has my full attention for the next release.