Did a quick test on WIn10 system with a USB DVD Writer which worksd OK
on Linux
The following command is used to discover what drives are on a system

Code:
--------------------

  cdda2wav -scanbus

The system I tested had an internal DVD writer drive, hard drives and I
added a USB  DVD-writer

"cdda2wav -scanbus" run as normal just found one USB controller and the
internal DVD drive
"cdda2wav -scanbus" run as adminstrator foudn all USB controllers,
found the internal DVD drive and the system drives.

The plugin USB DVD-writer although recognised by Windows wasn't visible
on any controller to cdda2wav.  I reckon s/w is just too old.