The CDplayer plugin has many "moving parts" which all must be right for
it to work.

Your answers must be more exact to have any chance to figure out what is
happening.  The good news is that your cddw2wav log looks like it could
be made to work but the bad news if that only one message a day is
exchanged it could take 2 weeks.

To check windows behaviour/versions etc, I have to shut down a system,
reconfigure hardware and reboot windows - so I have to plan what I want
to test and when, to the most out of the test and minimise disruption to
my own setup..

bzlrbi wrote:
> Firstly, I open LMS automatically with startup of Windows.

Please explain exactly how you "open LMS with startup of Windows".
Do you use Squeezetray or Squeeze Control Panel ?
If using Squeezetray is LMS set to start st "login"
If using Suqeezecontrol Panel is LMS set to start at system startup ?

Please give a better descrptions of how LMS is started.

IIRC under most circumstances Windows does not allow background services
started at system startup to access CD drive hardware so how LMS is
started is critcal..

>   Just recently, that resulted in the same lack of success, so I opened
> both cdrtools and re-opened LMS as administrator, from the Windows start
> menu.  None of this changed anything as far as LMS seeing a CD within
> the drive.
>
> This also allowed me to see a command line of "C:\Program Files
> (x86)\cdrtfe\tools\scripts>"

cdda2wav is a Linux program which has been ported to Windows using
compatibility libraries cygwin. If different version of cygwin exost on
the same system - problems can occur. The cdda2wav that is installed
with CDplayer plugin is v2 but from your log cdda2wav installed as part
of cdrtfe is v3.with a different version of cygwin library - this is a
recipe for problems.

When and why did you install cdrtfe ?
What was wrong with the cdda2wav that was installed as part of CDplayer
plugin ?
Did you alter the CDplayer plugin files in any way, this include any
files in the Bin directory ?

Actions.

Prelim.
1. Uninstall cdrfte and then shutdown Windows and reboot in order to
cygwin libraries to be cleared out of Windows caches.
2. If CDplayer plugin files were changed - uninstall plugin and
reinstall.

Check to see if CDplayer plugin version of cdda2wav is OK.
1. Open a user Command prompt window - not a Powershell and not running
as administrator.
2. Change directory to the LMS pluginsdirectory probably
\ProgramData\Squeezebox\Cache\InstalledPlugins\Plugins\CDplayer\Bin
3. Check that cdda2wav.exe is in the directory and run it with "cdda2wav
-scanbus" command.  Copy and inlcude output on a post.
4. If CD drive is not found - repeat but steps 1 to 3 but this time
Command prompt run as adminstrator.

If cdda2wav works OK as user in step 3 and "sees" your CD drive then do
the next test

1. For these tests, LMS can only be run from within a logged in user -
so either using "Start" /"Stop" button on control panel or "Start"
/"Stop" menu from Squeezetray
2. Make sure LMS is not running as a service.
3. Start LMS.
4.In LMS WebGUI Settings - Advanced/Logging
- check the box "Save logging settings for use at next application
restart"
- change the logging leve for plugin.cdplayer to DEBUG
- click the "Apply" button
5. Stop LMS
6. Note time.
7. Start LMS
8. From LMS WebUI Settings / Information  - open server log file and
copy lines from time noted in step 6 to end - no editing.
9. Attach log lines to a post.