bpa wrote:
> The failsafe is station name passed down in OPML params.
>
> I think next "best" data is then put into $song->plugindata "album"
> "artist"
>
> There is some special handling for IPK players and 3rd line display -
> which I always forget & fail to test as I don't normally use 3 line
> displays

I like what I see from Paul Webster's "Radio France track information"
plugin, which offers Title, Artist, and Album, gathered from Radio
France's servers. The possible downside to that is that you lose the
station name and programme, but it's a compromise that I can personally
live with. Given that much of the programme material (at least that I
listen to) does seem to be sourced from CD's, it makes some sense.

I don't know that the BBC ever offers "album" data in its metadata, so
circumstances undoubtedly different.

I have, and use, a Squeezebox Classic, although I haven't rigorously
checked how the data displays there. That is, of course, a two line
display. I have no experience of the three line display, other than
seeing it referred to as a complicating matter in the code.