bpa wrote:
> Just noticed in getMetadataFor,   the "params" on the iplayer URL is
> used for kickstarting "OnAir" and also for Title and Icons - is not
> reliable as URL changes which may effect which song object is found.
>
> Due to a LMS change a while ago, the "Iplayer://" URL changes to a
> "dash://",  "hls://" or "http://"; URL - shortly after stream is started
> - and params metadata such as "Title" are lost.
>
> This update needs to look at all parts of getMetadataFor and not just a
> tweak to change source of current track.
>
> edit:
>
> Not quite as bad I thought - seem only "$song->streamUrl" changes and
> not the top level URL passed to getMetadataFor

I had a go, last August, at seeing if LMS could preserve the original
URL within the track object on a redirect. Initial experiment suggests
that it might be done with a small LMS change, attached.

The notion is/was that 'trackInfo' menus could then have access to the
original URL to do their magic, rather than relying on unreliable
'pre-scanning' as seems to be often done. Whether, in practice, anything
could be made of it is another matter, it would depend on precise
circumstances. And not helpful to plugins that need to run on older
versions of LMS. I don't know if it is worth pursuing.

Even then, I'm not sure that it would necessarily be relevant to the
circumstances of BBCiPlayer...

|Filename: 0001-Remote-tracks-Retain-original-URL-when-redirected.patch.txt|
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=30297|