cpd73 wrote:
> For a future, 1.7, release of Material I want to show icons for the
> various players. Would it be possible for Squeezelite-X to set the
> modelname of its squeezlite instance to SqueezeLiteWin? You can do this
> via the "-M" commandline argument (e.g. "-M SqueezeLiteWin"). Doing so
> would allow me to show a windows icon for this player instance. Nothing
> in squeezelite needs changing, just this commandline argument added.

I believe that squeezelite sets Player Model to 'SqueezeLite'.  At one
time, SLX would use the -M switch and set Player Model to Squeezlite-X
(-M Squeezelite-X), but a user reported that it caused the ickStream
plugin to consider it unsupported (see post #489), so I removed it, and
let it go with 'SqueezeLite'.

If I used the -M option to set Player Model to 'SqueezeLiteWin' I expect
that ickStream will not work with it, as it apparently used that value
to determine if the player is supported by ickStream.  Seems like
ickStream should be using the Player Type, but it apparently uses Player
Model.

So that is my problem.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X