rgdawson wrote:
> I'm afraid I can't open explorer to the folder where the file actually
> is.  If I ask the server where the file is located I get a path back
> from the LMS server's local perspective, not from the client
> perspective.  For example my LMS server running on R-Pi would return
> something like:
> _path='file:///mnt/MyMusic/The%20Beatles/A%20Hard%20Day%27s%20Night%20[UK]/01%20A%20Hard%20Day%27s%20Night.wma'
> In this case the file is actually in a folder on another machine in a
> folder that is mounted in the R-Pi. The SLX client does not know where
> it actually is.
> Anyway, I know of no way to get the path to the folder that the client
> could use.
> R Greg Dawson
I can see that this would be very difficult indeed.

prabbit wrote:
> Im not the OP nor do i have OP’s use case, but could you do something
> like Sugarcube’s dynamic path conversion? I do use it successfully.
This sounds interesting but I'm totally not an expert on this (I am
still astonished that MusicIP is still around though).

dsm 6.2.2 (synology disk station 115) running lms 8.0 -- rpi with a
hifiberry dac+ running picoreplayer (any old version?) -- plugins:
material skin, mai, podcasts, musik - folge mir, squeezelite-x, squeeze
ctrl