randy5419 wrote:
> I hope you will excuse my novice questions.
>
> I installed LMS 8 and Spotty 4 today, and I’m unable to get it to work.
> Spotty does not even show up in “My Aps” despite that fact that it is
> listed as an installed plugin in the plugins tab of LMS settings.
>
> I’m probably doing something stupid, as I suspect that my current use of
> Spotty 3.1.3 and LMS 7.9.1 is not typical.   I do not use connect mode,
> as I do not ever use Spotify other than through LMS.  Specifically, till
> now my use of Spotty is as follows:  (1) I use Spotty 3.1.3 to search
> for Spotify albums from the LMS web interface on my desktop computer
> (where LMS is installed), and I add Spotify albums I find to my LMS
> Favorites, and (2) I select Spotify albums to play from my LMS Favorites
> using the remote for my player.  I have never tried to use Spotify
> connect.
> .

New Spotty online integration allows you to access your spotify Library.
So basically if you use your official Spotify app or web interface you
would see your Albums, Artists, podcasts, Thats you Spotify library.
Thanks to spotty you can see your Spotify Library  in your LMS Library
together with your local Library..  So if you go into let say Album
Artists you will see both your local albums and albums from Spotify..
all in one place

Playlists are different and you still need to go to Spotty and navigate
to playlists (for Spotify playlists)
Spotify songs from your LMS playlists won't be included in your LMS
library unless are also in your Spotify Library..

TBH If you were and going to use LMS playlists in same manner as before
I don't think you will see much difference..

randy5419 wrote:

> With Spotty 4, I was hoping to do the same as I do now, except that the
> albums currently in my LMS Favorites would be listed in My Library,
> which is organized as Artist/Album.  I do not currently use playlists,
> although I want to investigate the possibility of creating
> artist-specific Spotify playlists that are then listed in my Music
> Library.  I’m guessing that using playlists in this manner would require
> that I create Spotify playlists from outside of LMS, and that I then use
> the Spotify connect mode of Spotty to play them.
>
> Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

You don't need to use connect at all for online library integration.
You dont need to be outside of LMS to add to your Spotify Library (and
as extension Integrated Library),basically doesn't matter where and how
you add songs/albums to your Spotify Library, key is:
Albums/artists from your Spotify Albums/artists will be listed in your
LMS Albums/artists, not actual playlists.. regardless if Spotify
Playlists or LMS

Hope that's makes any sense.. I'm not great at explaining :rolleyes:

3x Squeezebox Touch, 3x Squeezebox Radio, SqueezeCommander, Material
Skin Apk, Squeezelite-X,  Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 with
Material Skin