bpa wrote:
> Server on wifi is not good but is not cause of the problem unless there
> is lots of network traffic.
>
> The bandwidth of a wired connection between router and LMS sever is not
> shared and full duplex (i.e. devices can transmit and receive at the
> same time)
> A wifi connection is shared amongst all devices using the wifi and radio
> is half duplex (i.e. only one device can transmit at a time, every
> packet sent has to be acknowledged).
>
> BT wifi disk probably use alternative radio channel for the link to a
> remote extender - so it improves range but will not "fix" radio's shared
> half duplex nature.

Although the wifi is delivering downloads at 130Mbs and uploads at 30Mbs
which should be more than adequate with little other network traffic I
plugged in a cable and stopped the wifi on the server then rebooted the
router. No improvement to the startup time. This message:

[20-07-17 16:12:19.7409] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (254)
Stream closing error fetching UTC time from http://time.akamai.com/?iso
- Error on HTTP socket:

Maybe a router setting that I've missed?