vhs wrote:
> Although the wifi is delivering downloads at 130Mbs and uploads at 30Mbs
> which should be more than adequate with little other network traffic I
> plugged in a cable and stopped the wifi on the server then rebooted the
> router.
This packet transit time issue is about latency not throughput.   The
amount of traffic on the network will affect the latency.  Spot
measurement of throughput is nto the issue.

However the error log shown is different to packet transit time.

> [20-07-17 16:12:19.7409] Plugins::BBCiPlayer::DASH::__ANON__ (254)
> Stream closing error fetching UTC time from http://time.akamai.com/?iso
> - Error on HTTP socket:
>
> Maybe a router setting that I've missed?

Unlikely a router setting unless you have changed defautl or used an
"optimisation" tool.  This is a very short request with a very short
response. An "optimised" networks sometimes kill these requests by
"bundling" them into a bigger ones.
This is the simplest network request but it is failing in LMS with the
"Error on HTTP socket"
Something seems to be set up wrong on the server.
What are the values in the WebUI Settings/Advanced/Network

How long does it take for BBCiPlayer "on Demand" to show the program
available ? Is there a noticeable delay ? if so how much ?  Due to
caching for each test you need to try a different station each time
(i.e. only 6 chances)