bpa wrote:
> This packet transit time issue is about latency not throughput.   The
> amount of traffic on the network will affect the latency.  Spot
> measurement of throughput is nto the issue.
>
> However the error log shown is different to packet transit time.
>

> Unlikely a router setting unless you have changed defautl or used an
> "optimisation" tool.  This is a very short request with a very short
> response. An "optimised" networks sometimes kill these requests by
> "bundling" them into a bigger ones.
> This is the simplest network request but it is failing in LMS with the
> "Error on HTTP socket"
> Something seems to be set up wrong on the server.
> What are the values in the WebUI Settings/Advanced/Network
>
> How long does it take for BBCiPlayer "on Demand" to show the program
> available ? Is there a noticeable delay ? if so how much ?  Due to
> caching for each test you need to try a different station each time
> (i.e. only 6 chances)

WebUI Settings:

Web Proxy
Web Server Port Number 9000
Radio Station Buffer Seconds 10
Radio Station Timeout 15
Maximum WMA Stream Bitrate No Limit
Synchronized Players Startup Delay (ms)

On Demand shows the programme listings almost immediately but when
selected one loads in about 20 secs before playing.
Interestingly other stations e.g. Radio Paradise come through instantly
and My Music like Random Mix are also instantaneous. That's why I'm
doubting iPlayer plugin.