bpa wrote:
> I have no problem with the "extra" URLs within the BBCiplayer plugin.

I think I've found the problem. It's a "new LMS problem" in my view,
triggered by the use of a proxy server. "New", because I think
historically servers have tolerated an unnecessary fragment suffix in a
GET request. But perhaps the BBC Servers (and others ?) are becoming
less tolerant.

Code:
--------------------

  In package Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP;

  sub _format_request {
        my $self = shift;

        my $fullpath = $self->request->uri->path_query;
        $fullpath = "/$fullpath" unless $fullpath =~ /^\//;
  Yields /radio/aod/availability/bbc_radio_ulster.xml
        # Proxy requests require full URL
        if ( $self->use_proxy ) {
                $fullpath = $self->request->uri->as_string;
  Yields http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/availability/bbc_radio_ulster.xml#extra
  Which the BBC servers have decided to "choke" on

        }
  <snip>

--------------------

If @pshepherd were to adapt his -Slim::Networking::Async::HTTP- to strip
off a fragment suffix I'll hazard a guess that matters would proceed
smoothly.

My guess is that -HTTP::Request- handles this for us when it builds the
-path_query-. But the proxy request logic doesn't. Possibly the answer
is to have - _format_request- just strip any fragment suffix it may
find.

bpa wrote:

> @mrw Can you do a "dig www.bbc.co.uk" ?
Here's my UK -dig-. You'll appreciate that I don't think it is relevant
to the problem.

Code:
--------------------

  dig www.bbc.co.uk

  ; <<>> DiG 9.11.5-P4-5.1+deb10u1-Debian <<>> www.bbc.co.uk
  ;; global options: +cmd
  ;; Got answer:
  ;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 1

  ;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
  ; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 512
  ;; QUESTION SECTION:
  ;www.bbc.co.uk.                       IN      A

  ;; ANSWER SECTION:
  www.bbc.co.uk.                230     IN      CNAME   www.bbc.net.uk.
  www.bbc.net.uk.               281     IN      A       212.58.237.251
  www.bbc.net.uk.               281     IN      A       212.58.233.251

  ;; Query time: 5 msec
  ;; SERVER: 192.168.1.254#53(192.168.1.254)
  ;; WHEN: Tue Jul 28 17:31:08 BST 2020

bpa wrote:

> @mrw, Do you have the same problem with BBCiPlayerExtra plugin ?  does
> it go away if https is used in the "#extra" URLs in the default.opml
I don't have the problem, because, I think, I don't use a proxy server.

I haven't tried using https. That might be a different code path. Would
need to check how it works in the context of a proxy.