quart-temps wrote:
> Hi !
> I'm using squeezelite with Moode audio player installed on an RPI.
> I use squeezelite in order to synchronize my old HIFI (pluged on the
> RPI) and my wife's logitech squeezebox.
> I would like to connect my windows PC's on the same stream, in order to
> synchronize my PC's speaker's with the HIFI and squezebox speakers.
>
> For that purpose, I installed squeezelite-X on the PC's but didn't
> manage to get sound's through the speaker's.
> I get sound if I use the Squeezelite-X player, but not with the
> Squeezelite-moode.
> Would it be possible to help me configuring squeezelite-X in order to
> play the music streamed by the squeezelite server installed on the RPI
> with moode ?
>
> By the way: I use windows in french, and I have an issue with the utf8
> encoding in the Player output device name that leads to player abortion.
> See picture below:
>
> 31503
>
> Thank you for your help !

Thanks for telling me.  I have been looking into this.  I've been trying
to figure out what encoding is used when the PortAudio library (used by
squeezelite) enumerates audio devices and what to do with the
squeezelite audio command line.  As far as I can tell I get a UTF8
encoded string when the host API is "Windows WASAPI", otherwise the
strings appear to be ANSI.  Your version was assuming all host API types
were delivering UTF8.  What does the output device drop down look like
for you?

I need to get another language installed on my computer and work on
this.  I think I will have a solution.  I can pass a device index to
squeezelite rather than a string if I have to.  But I need to get it
displaying correctly and character encoding is somewhat a mystery to me.
But I will fix this.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X