slartibartfast wrote:
> Does the same thing happen if you click "Mute" in Material or only with
> the remote?

I Just checked and it actually works fine just pressing 'mute" in
Material. So I think it's somewhere in the (already complicated)
pipeline -LMS>Airplay Bridge->Airplay(Raop?) on a Raspberry running
Volumio->alsamixer->DAC-

The main reason I think it's somewhere very deep down that rabbit hole
is that at some point my speakers completely stopped working, but
started playing again when I plugged in the toslink cable into another
audio port. (there was no sound, but the red light in the cable was on
and volume was set to 100%). So "mute" does seem to be something
different from just turning the volume down..

If Material had a keyboard shortcut for "mute", I'd be happy to put that
in my remote and be done with it. :)