cpd73 wrote:
> So, re-reading things - what is the issue that you are seeing? That
> Material's 'Mute' does not mute, or that mute from elsewhere (with
> Material open) is messed up? If the issue is Material's mute, have a
> look at its debug (see my sig) and you will see what messages are sent.

Sorry, I was a bit late chiming in with that. It referred to my earlier
report, several messages back: "On two Airplay Bridge players this
happened: On first click of the mute button, volume was set to very
loud, probably maximum but I can't be certain of that. On the second
click, it returned to something close to the original level. Additional
clicks repeated this process, possibly with some variation. But it never
muted."

The issue occurs when using Material's mute option, but I think the
problem is probably in my Airplay Bridge configuration.

I don't know how much of my debug info you want to wade through. I'll be
happy to provide as much as you like. I do see
Code:
--------------------
    "["mixer","muting","toggle"]"
--------------------
 referenced to the right player's MAC.

Each time, that message is followed by "UPDATING" (same MAC), and then
Code:
--------------------
    "["status","-",1,"tags:cdegiloqrstyABKNST""

--------------------

The first time (the attempted mute) the next message begins
Code:
--------------------
    "{"mode":"play","mixer
volume":10.0190123954748,"remote":1,"player_connected":1,"digital_volume_control":1,"rate":1,"....
--------------------

remoteMeta follows, with much information that I'm guessing is
irrelevant, but I can certainly provide it if needed.

After the second mute toggle, this is the next message:
Code:
--------------------
     "{"mode":"play","mixer
volume":10.0190123954748,"remote":1,"player_connected":1,"digital_volume_control":1,"rate":1,"....

This is what I'm guessing is relevant, but I realize I may be entirely
wrong about that. Again, I can certainly provide much more information
if it would be helpful.

LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5
wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
no high-end or esoteric audio gear
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired