mherger wrote:
> > 1. After installing rust (pkg install rust) and downloading the
> source
> > from Github (https://github.com/michaelherger/spotty. "cargo build
> > --release") it compiled just fine!
>
> Nice!
>
> > 2. The resulting spotty was copied to
> > /var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin
>
> Don't put it there, as it'll be deleted with the next plugin update. You
>
> can put it anywhere in your search path, eg. /usr/local/bin or whatever
>
> a suitable place on BSD. You can see in Settings/Information which
> folders LMS is searching.
>
> > 7. I check server.log and it looks like so:
> >
> > #tail /var/log/logitechmediaserver/server.log
> > Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1476) API call:
> >
> browse/featured-playlists?country=US&limit=50&locale=en_US&timestamp=2020-09-24T09%3A50%3A00
> > Plugins::Spotty::API::__ANON__ (1480) error: Error reading headers:
> > Server closed connection without sending any data back at
> > /usr/local/share/logitechmediaserver/CPAN/Net/HTTP/Methods.pm line
> 306.
>
> That sounds like some pretty generic networking failure. Are you able to
>
> stream radio stations or podcasts? What IO::Socket::SSL version are you
>
> using (see Settings/Information)?
>
> --
>
> Michael

Thanks - I have moved it to /usr/local/bin folder ..Spotty/Bin is listed
as being searched by LMS but I don't want it to be overwritten by next
upgrade.

I am able to stream radio stations and podcasts - everything is normal.
The version for IO socket SSL is -> p5-IO-Socket-SSL-2.068

Greetings
SoundLover