bakker_be wrote:
I can help with the "access rate limit exceeded": most of the users of
the Spotty plugin use the same "Spotify Client ID", and its amount of
allowed connections is limited. You can however register a Spotify
developer account and get your own, that you can fill out in the Spotty
settings.

Thank you - strange because I only access the account from 2 devices.
I'll inquire @spotify, thx again.

The issue here is not you alone, but the fact that we're all sharing the same client ID. Overall these generate hundreds of thousands of requests every day. At some point Spotify thinks it's too much and starts throttling. Unfortunately they don't document the exact behaviour.

As bakker_be wrote one solution for you would be to get your own client ID.

--

Michael