expectingtofly wrote:
> Correct, it has no connection with the BBC Iplayer plugin.  But it is
> good to have choice.
>

> Yes, it chooses the highest bitrate available.  Which is usually 320kbps
> in the UK and 96kbps outside the uk.

In the summer I use BBCIplayer to listen to the Live Events menu. I like
to keep up with my county's cricket games. Complete ball by ball
commentary is provided for every county game. I don't think it's a
feature of BBC Sounds.

I realise that I am one of very few who use this feature which also
covers other sports and news events but has no metadata indicating which
events are on which of the 20 event channels and it's trial and error
trying to find an event.

I have to thank bpa for his inclusion of this feature a few years back.

I would be sad to lose IPlayer and hope that BBC Sounds could eventually
incorporate this feature.

*Music Store and VPN Server: *Synology DS215J NAS*
Study Player:* Pi 3B pCp 6.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
*Study Server:* Pi 4 pcp 7.0.0 (beta)
*Refurbished 1962 RCA Stereo Console Player *LMS 7,9.3 on Pi 4B pCp
6.1.0/IQ Audio DAC+
*Headphone & Streamer Players: x3:* pCp 6.1.0 on Pi 3B /IQ Audio DAC+
*Homeplug/LAN Players: x2: *Squeezelite on Windows 10 PC.
*VPN Mobile & Car Player:* Material/SqueezePlayer on Android Phone