erland wrote:
> I totally agree with you bpa, even if they work currently it’s just a
> matter of time until something breaks.
>
> I wish I had the focus and time to be able to continue maintaining the
> plugins but to be brutally realistic it’s very unlikely to happen. My
> family situation is different today with a small kid in the house and my
> music listening behavior has changed significantly to mostly using
> streaming services (Spotify) and currently I’ve honestly barely any need
> for my plugins myself. It’s hard to let all people down who have used my
> plugins and I’ve had some hope to be able to do some minimal
> maintenance, but to be realistic this is very unlikely to happen.
>
> Due to all this I’ve also decided to leave my repository files as they
> are with maxTarget=7.*.
> If some one wants to maintain a separate repository file with
> minTarget=8.0.0 pointing at my or your own server feel free to do so,
> but in this case please put it under your e-mail/name instead of mine so
> people primarily contact you instead of me if they have problem with LMS
> 8.0 or later.
>
> For people relying on my plugins this means that you have the current
>
> - Stay on LMS 7.* forever. In this case you are probably going to loose
> streaming services over time since they tend to change and will probably
> stop working on 7.* eventually. Upgrading the OS is obviously very risky
> since 7.* is eventually going to stop working on latest OS versions.
> This might be an alternative if you are only using local music and have
> LMS installed on a computer/device that isn’t used for anything else.
>
> - If you have development skills or is willing to learn, implement new
> plugins with similar functionality as mine and support them on LMS 8.0
> and later. Based on some discussions in the forum I think there might
> already be some work going on in this direction related to ratings and
> browsing by custom tags. Alternatively take over maintenance of my
> plugins, but I honestly expect this to be harder and more boring. It’s
> always easier to maintain code you have written yourself. I had zero
> Perl knowledge when I started to implement TrackStat so don’t look at it
> as an impossible task just because you haven’t developed in Perl
> before.
>
> - Install my plugins manually in 8.0 and enjoy them as long as they
> work, but as indicated it’s just a matter of time until something breaks
> so you should probably plan for that so your setup doesn’t become
> unusable when it happens.
>
> For my personal setup I think the most likely scenario is that I’ll
> continue using 7.8 on short terms and switch to 8.* without most of my
> plugins installed on longer terms.
>
> I still plan to continue being a member in this community, so this post
> doesn’t mean I’ll disappear from the community.
>
> To everyone using my plugins, sorry to let you down but hopefully most
> [...]
:)

LMS 7.9.3 on PC, Xubuntu 18.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touchs & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 18.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.