peterw wrote:
> How should I submit a patch for consideration?
>
> I just installed a personal weather station that's feeding into Weather
> Underground, so I've modified my SDT to include options for rounded
> Feels Like ("heatIndex") temperatures from WU.** Just six lines in
> Plugin.pm and three in strings.txt...
>
> I'm using the https://sourceforge.net/projects/sdt-weather-com repo but
> it seems the code repo isn't actually hosted at sourceforge as
> https://git.code.sf.net/p/sdt-weather-com/code is empty.
>
> Thanks!
>
> ** All I personally want is rounded Fahrenheit and there are so few %
> letters unused that I just added % codes for rounded F and rounded C.

I looked into this tonight and I don't think this will provide a "Feels
Like" temperature in all cases.  The wunderground data file contains
separate values for heat index and wind chill.  You are pulling only the
heat index value.  That is more applicable in warmer weather.  Currently
I find that it is matching actual temperatures.  The wind chill however
is several degrees cooler than actual.  Would it be preferable to use
wind chill in the winter and heat index in the summer?  Maybe use some
other logic to decide which to use?