Spiel1 wrote:
> Edited the custom-convert.conf file, and added | tee
> /mnt/HP/Recordings/1.wav. Did this under the wavin pcm * * as I don't
> know how to make the input flac (is that detected from the
> extension(?)). After rebooting, resetting the mounts, and making sure
> the directories were in place, I lit off the WaveInput, and no
> complaints and it played the input stream just fine. But no file was
> created in the destination output as it is when I run arecord from the
> the command line. Did some googling on tee and it seems there is not
> much too it in terms of settings, so this looks fine to me.
>
> I'd prefer to generate wav as that is what I'm used to edit and have
> tools for, but if flac is a better choice here, I can certainly go that
> route as well. I'll try that next, but like I said, don't know how to
> force that path - any help there would be appreciated. I'll play with
> this some more, but this is pretty much what I was hoping for assuming
> we can get tee to generate a file. I tried adding "- | tee" but that
> didn't make any difference.

If itis playing and tee failed - then you wou;dn;'t have heard anything.
I think the "tee" change didn't take or is in wrong place.

Show exactly what you added in the convert file - the full text.

You'll have problems with PCM as no WAV header will be added to 1.wav
file - it is a raw file - just PCM sample according CD standard

Does slimserver user id have permission to write into the folder
/mnt/HP/Recordings/ ?