Spiel1 wrote:
> I've played around with the file such as changing [arecord] to [aplay]
> and parameter changes, and that causes the plugin to error out, so I'm
> thinking I'm messing with the right .conf file. Doing arecord/aplay from
> the command line and killing with a ^C does not seem to have adverse
> effect on the wav header, but I'm realizing now that this may differ
> from what the plugin is doing.

Rather than "play" around changing items without a rational basis -
please take time to understand the process.

arecord take input *from *the ASLA device and copies it *to stdout*
aplay take input *from stdin* and copies it *to *the ALSA device - there
is no output to stdout
swapping arecord for aplay makes no sense - they operate differently one
is a source, the other is a sink.

The line "-traw" means output in raw format - there is *no* WAV header
to be adversely affected.

> The slimserver id is the same as the id I'm using when using PuTTY. Just
> to be safe, I set the Write Permissions under pCP LMS page, and also set
> the properties on the directory using WinSCP - it shows as 0777 (full
> R/W for everyone if I understand correctly). So yes, I do think
> slimserver has the right permissions. Still no file is produced with tee
> after changing the permissions - as far as I can tell, the permissions
> were there to begin with, but I'm pretty sure they are now.

1. After you make a change - when testing the change - confirm that the
change is taking effect .  Did you look at the running processes to
check that process with Arecord also has the "tee" ?  alternatively
before testing enable player.source logging to INFO and after testing
look at the "Slim::Player::Song:: open (xxx) Tokenized command:" entry
in server.log
2. When you decided to use PCM rather than Flac - did you disable the
use of the "wavin flac"  under WebUI Setting/Advanced/FileTypes ?
3. You are using PCP for LMS  - I don't use PCP so don't know the
details but it runs out of RAM. Often, this means any changes to files
(which will be on a RAM disk) must be backup up onto the sdcard to that
they are restored into RAM on next system startup.  Have you checked
whether this is necessary for plugins ?