bpa wrote:
> I suspect WaveInput is not the right way to do it.  WaveInput has many
> restrictions. For example, depending on how you stop playing - you may
> lose the end of the file.
>
> I don't understand why you would do this and you say you don't know
> linux, can you explain a bit more so a solution can be devised perhaps
> without WaveInput such as VLC or use PCP's own capabilities.

I have a large record collection up in a man-cave on the second floor of
my house with a turntable, pCP, and a mediocre stereo. I have a process
where I record these to wav, then do some cleaning and separation into
individual track, these are then fed into DAEMON Tools Pro where a
create a virtual CD using the LP tracks, and then I rip the virtual CD
into flac using dBpoweramp. Typically, this results in dBpoweramp
knowing what I'm ripping, and thus saves me the hassle of manually
entering the song names, cover art, etc. The resulting flacs are added
to LMS where I can play them all over the house.

Getting wind of this, my friends are now bringing me boxes of albums to
listen to and record. In that case, I typically convert the flac to VBR
MP3 and put on a memory stick for them to take home. We'd like to
congregate in the living room which has ample room, decent HiFi, and is
next to an open kitchen. Ideal place to hang around and listen to
albums, aside from the fact that it does not have a turntable. But it
does have a pCP. So what I thought would be nice, is being able to
record and feed music (at roughly the same time) in my man-cave while
listening in the living room, as opposed to piling everyone into the
man-cave which is ill suited for gatherings. The simple solution would
be to move the turntable to the living room and have the LMS located
there, but this is a bit of a logistical nightmare that I was hoping to
avoid.

Sorry for the longwinded explanation - I thought this was something that
others were possibly already doing, and that I was just overlooking
something. I used to have LMS on a Win-2012 server, but it fried a few
months ago along with my squeezebox player, and that's when took the
dive into linux and pCP. So far, that has been working out great,
although the learning curve was a bit steep in the beginning. At any
rate, thanks for your help - I will live without being able to
record/stream at the same time, but by the same token, it would make my
life easier if I could, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Spiel1