scala wrote:
> I did not open a new thread, in the hope that there is a simple
> (positive...!) answer to my question, only partially related to this
> thread (apologies, Philippe):
> is there a way to cast from an Android device to LMS?
> Thanks!

Not using CC protocol which is closed, it would require an "agent" and
the certification system of CC prevents that from being done. That's why
you don't find CC software player for desktops. So a native equivalent
of Shairtunes or Spotty (Spotify Connect) is not possible. You have to
use some application that let you send AirPlay from an Android device.
They exist but I don't think they are very reliable.

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3