Jobarr wrote:
> No, I am only controlling the volume via LMS when this happens. Would it
> be possible to just ignore it when LMS tries to set the volume to 0? I
> don't really see why that is even necessary.

As a bridge, I have no idea is the volume set to 0 is legit or not, so I
have to forward it. Remember it happens *before* the request to pause is
received, so I have no idea why volume is being changed. User request or
pausing???

> Does this log have what you need? Starting from 2.9999999329447746%
> (according to Home Assistant, 3% in LMS UI), I played a track, set the
> volume to 43% (according to the UI, looks like 42 in the log), pressed
> pause, the volume dropped back to 2.9...%, pressed play and it didn't go
> back up.
>
> 32854
>
> Edit: I have also seen the stream start playing again on its own after
> pausing, but that is harder to make happen.

Yes, the log is good. When you say the volume does not come back, what do
you have in the UI? 43% or 3%?

The culprit seems to be volume feedback. This is a difficult feature where
you can change the volume on the player or using another controller and it
will be reflected on LMS and becomes the "official" volume. Now, every
command sent by LMS creates an "echo" volume returned by the player. When
the "echo" equals the command, then I consider that echo shall be ignored.
Now, remember echo are asynchronous, I don't know where they come from. So
when I receive and "echo", if it is NOT equals (enough) to my request, I
assume it's a direct user interaction with the device and that volume now
becomes the "official" volume for LMS.

In your case, the CC devices acts funny with volume that *refuses* to go
to 0. It's stuck at 0.03, so I order 0 and later see volume is 3... I can
only assume that 3 has been set by another mean and then I tell LMS
"volume is 3 now" .... Your player *should* set the volume to 0 when it is
asked to, not to 0.03

LMS 7.9  on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet,
1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000,
ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2,
Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5,
Riva 1 & 3