comeng wrote:
> OK
>
> So what has changed and the only thing I can identify is upgrading to
> Sounds 2.9.1.
> Thank you for help and as always in such circumstances I am frustrated
> that I cannot come up with an explanation or put my finger on one issue
> that could be further investigated.
>
> Phil

There was a streaming retry mechanism added in version 2.8.0 which was
put in place specifically to fix the kind of regular dropouts you were
experiencing.  So I'm assuming you are experiencing that fix.
If you set the the logging level to warning you should be able to see
the retries kicking in.

The problem is caused by the way that LMS performs asynchronous http
calls, they can be blocked intermittently on some setups,  you probably
don't notice it in most scenarios, but the way that the bbc streams in
chunks with a new connection every 6 seconds it becomes very visible.

Glad its now working well for you :)

*BBC Sounds Plugin Wiki* :
https://github.com/expectingtofly/LMS_BBC_Sounds_Plugin/wiki