Ok my system consists of one Pi 3 running PcP LMS and 3 Pi 2's all
running PcP and Squeezelite these 3 being synchronised on Sunday and
Monday I ran for extended periods with this configuration with no loss
of sound output on either listen live or listen again.
Today I have had the 2 (now 3) incidents as I was walking between the
two rooms I heard both go off simultaneously
I get the theory of the players trying to resynchronise as one to
investigate not sure how but will have a think, also this never happens
with music streamed from my NAS.
The fact that the identical situation occurs each time suggests a common
trigger and the only thing I can think of at the moment is internet
connection either at the BBC end, in between (ISP or Openreach) or with
my router/modem.
Is it a load problem somewhere that can occur at random times