DavidBulluss wrote:
> OK, set Zone 2 input manually to something else, set volume of Zone 2 at
> 30. My QUICK SELECT volume setting is 65. Using SQUEEZER turn on of LMS
> worked as expected, with Zone 2 volume being set to 65 and correct input
> selected. Seems all good from where I sit :-)

I'm glad it's all working from your point of view, but the Quick Select
continues to time out, which prevents us from syncing the client volume
accurately at power on.  In comparing your log files to those of
MarSOnEarth, I noticed that his Power On commands (Z2ON) are
consistently being responded to in under .004 seconds, whereas yours are
more like .02 seconds, slower by a factor of 5. On the other hand, his
Quick Select commands (Z2QUICK3) are taking a little over 1 second to
respond. If we generalize from the Z2ON response times that all commands
on your system take 5 times as long as on his (probably not exactly true
but humor me), then the Z2QUICK3 command should take over 5 seconds to
respond. Since the timeout value for that command is 2 seconds, we're
probably just timing it out too early. So.....  Attached is a new copy
of DenonAvpComms.pm with that timeout value changed to 10 seconds. If it
times out with that value, then it's probably a bug in your AVR's
firmware and there's nothing we can do about it. If it doesn't time out,
we will see how long it took to respond and think about increasing the
QS timeout value accordingly. So give this it a try and let's see what's
happening. Thanks.

|Filename: DenonAvpComms.pm                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33912|

Sam