Merrill Aldrich wrote:
> Hi again - reviving an old question. I discovered my issue seems to be
> specifically that the display, rather than the computer, is sleeping,
> which kills the HDMI signal to my AVR, and the audio with it.

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > C:\WINDOWS\system32>powercfg /requests
  > DISPLAY:
  > None.
  >
  > SYSTEM:
  > [DRIVER] NVIDIA High Definition Audio
(HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0084&SUBSYS_14628C95&REV_1001\5&2284ac4c&0&0001)

--------------------

> It would be super if Squeezelite-X could also demand the display be
> kept alive (maybe as an option)
>
> Thanks again for this fantastic little app

Nice idea.  It is easy to tell the OS to keep the display alive.  I
think I would only want to do this when the Squeezelite player is
enabled and running.  Even more, I should do this only when Squeezelite
is actually playing, but not when paused or stopped.  Right?  That last
part, I have to think about some, but should be doable.  Ideally, I
would only want to do this if you are using the display for audio, but I
don't think I can detect that.

Any reason, to make this an option rather than just always doing this?
Afterall, the squeezelite player is already preventing full sleep under
these circumstances.  I'm inclined to not make it an option, but
admittedly have not thought through all the use cases for making this an
option.

R Greg Dawson

Squeezelite-X