Kvaks wrote:
> Thanks for the reply! I see... it might be down to an old LMS then. At
> one point I had some trouble with Perl library compatibility, and found
> the easiest solution was to simply throw together a VM with an older LMS
> on an older Linux distro, which I knew worked well together.
>
> So I'm using (don't laugh...) LMS version 7.9.1
>
> The squeezelite version I'm using is the latest I could find last time I
> tried to fix my issue with Ogg Vorbis. It's v1.9.7-1282.

I am playing Ogg/Vorbis files without any problems since the very first
day I bought a SB Duet in 2010 via LMS running on a self installed Linux
server. Since 2015 I am also using software players (Squeezelite) and
never had issues with Ogg/Vorbis.

Do you only use a manually configured Squeezelite config for playback or
do you have other devices as well to test with? You also might test
playback via Squeezelite-X, which should work out of the box on a
Windows computer. If that works well then there is probably something
wrong only with your Squeezelite settings.

(Btw: the only issue I am having with Squeezelite is that gapless
playback is not always perfect with Ogg/Vorbis, sometimes you can hear
small glitches).

*Living Room:* RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ Pro & piCorePlayer
*Attic:* RPI2+HifiBerry DAC+ RCA & piCorePlayer
*Other rooms:* 6x SB Radio
*LMS*: Version 8.2.0 on Xubuntu 21.04