Kvaks wrote:
> Thanks for the help, guys. The sampling rate issue disappeared with the
> latest Squeezelite version (silly of me mot to update before asking),
> but as expected the Ogg Vorbis issue did not.
>
> With the runtime option -d all=info I get the following when playing a
> randomly chosen .ogg file:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [10:15:07.039799] stream_sock:600 header: GET
/stream.mp3?player=00:27:13:53:da:88 HTTP/1.0
  > [10:15:07.109467] stream_thread:331 headers: len: 118
  > HTTP/1.1 200 OK
  > Server: Logitech Media Server (7.9.1 - 1515216179)
  > Connection: close
  >   >
Code:
--------------------
    >     >

    > File Format: Ogg Vorbis
    > Duration: 2:56
    > Volume Adjustment: -6.35 dB
    > Bitrate: 224kbps VBR
    > Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    > File Length: 4,967,200
    > Location: /home/kvaks/.squeezebox/root-dir/beets/Aller Værste!,
The-1981-Disniland i de tusen hjem_(OGG)/01_Disniland i de tusen hjem.ogg

--------------------
  >   >

  > By the way, I did not know that LMS transcodes the Vorbis content streamed
to the Logitech hardware players. That's a little disappointing! I thought they
had native support. In the other hand, I probably couldn't tell difference,
anyway.> >

> On your log, there is transcoding happening somewhere. You can set the
> LMS logging (settings/advanced/loggin) for "player.source" at "info"
> and post an extract of your server.log, it will be easy to say what
> happens.
>
> Re having SB not supporting ogg, it does not matter at all, there is
> 0.0 loss. LMS decodes ogg into pcm and that decoding is a
> deterministic process. The pcm audio is re-encoded into flac which is
> a lossless encoding and then sent to the player. So you don't lose
> anything, except some CPU cycles on LMS server and network bandwidth
> because flac consumes 3~4x more than your 224kbps OggVorbis

LMS 8.2 on Odroid-C4 - *SqueezeAMP!*, 5xRadio, 5xBoom, 2xDuet, 1xTouch,
1xSB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW,
2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi,  Yamaha
WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, RivaArena 1 & 3