erland wrote:
> keeps his plugin in the main repo to make it easy to install for people
> that wants a supported version and if he wants to make it easy for
> people to install my unsupported version changing the plugin name to
> DynamicPlayList3 in repo will probably probably allow that

Hej.
Thank you for your opinion. The voice of reason always has a nice ring
to it.
Download counts suggest that apparently once DPLv3 is removed from the
LMS main repo  future versions would only reach a small fraction of all
previous DPL v3 users which is kind of sad. Adding external repo urls
seems to be a lot less common than I'd hoped.
So you're right, it'd probably be better if DPL v3 remained part of the
LMS main repo.
Therefore I've changed the internal plugin name that LMS uses, both for
Dynamic Playlists 3 and Custom Skip 3.

But even if I add DPL3 or CS3 to the LMS main repo (again) one thing
remains:
due to some changes in my life I'll have even less time to spend on LMS
plugins.
I don't know yet what this will mean for these plugins (and others) but
we'll see.
That was actually the main reason I'd considered removing DPL3 from the
main repo.

BTW when I did some tests on a *clean* LMS 8.2.1 test system CustomSkip
2.5.83 didn't show up in the list of "unsupported extensions" for me.
It's still listed in the main repo xml file though, just didn't show on
the settings > plugins page under "unsupported extensions". All of the
other plugins did though. Can anybody reproduce this?

For testing purposes I've added the versions with the different internal
name to this repo
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/AF-1/lms-customskip/main/public.xml
I did some preliminary tests but maybe users who know their way around
github (RobbH et al.) could confirm that they still work as they should
and whether the new versions, once installed, peacefully coexist with
the old unsupported versions of DPL and CS in the LMS main repo.

Take care. Thanks again.

'*github repos*' (https://github.com/AF-1/)