philchillbill wrote:
> No, the http stream has to be unprotected. It is, after all, inside your
> LAN. Why would you want LMS to be password-protected for local use?

Because I enable password security on all my LMS instances by default?
This is in fact what I use to protect my test proxy for your skills in
testing - I don't have proxy passwords, instead using the user and
password in LMS in the config and it works for everything except
streaming.

I do also access my LMS from outside my home, and it is password
protected without a proxy dance - even if it's not HTTPS protected out
of the box - players don't understand HTTPS.

Another use of a protected stream endpoint would be if my LMS instance
were not on the local LAN of the Echo device, e.g. hosted in the fluffy
cloud on a VM, for example.