Peter Galbavy wrote:
> Another minor one, probably mentioned in the long thread somewhere, but
> just for fun I tried the Alexa Windows app as a player and it doesn't
> work - but this is probably because it uses some off-net proxy (the
> private address space that I do not use is a good clue) of it's own, as
> seen in the IPs below (the bottom player is one of the Echo Show 15s):
>
> I doubt this is fixable, and if not already probably worth mentioning in
> the docs.

37243

I have not tried it in the Windows app but it -does- work in the Alexa
app on the *iPhone* (see screenshot). Likely on Android too but I cannot
verify. But that's all down to how Amazon proxies their stuff and is not
on me. So no idea why Windows is different.

By the look of the AirPlay logo, it would seem that you can even cast it
from the phone to an AirPlay speaker but I have none at hand to test
:cool:

If you start a stream while on WiFi and then switch to 4G it continues
ad infinitum. That surprises me TBH. However, if you try and start it
while on 4G it says it is going to play but then there is silence. If
you stop a stream and later ask Alexa "tell MediaServer to resume" it
will continue if the iPhone on WiFi but not on 4G (I then see
PlaybackFailed in the logs with as reason
"MEDIA_ERROR_INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR").

|Filename: WhatsApp Image 2022-02-17 at 12.54.35.jpeg               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=37243|