Sorry, don't have much time today. Will be back next weekend. Until
then...

nyindieguy wrote:
> I'm having an issue with DPL that has been happening intermittently
> going all the way back to when I was using Erland's original version. I
> set up the parameters of DPL and hit play, and the playlist just plays
> the first 15 songs and then stops. If I start again with the same
> parameters, it keeps playing beyond the first 15 songs and lasts pretty
> much forever (big collection). This behavior doesn't happen every time,
> but it happens often enough that I always have to monitor closely until
> I get beyond 15 songs, and if it does, I know I can leave it alone to
> keep playing. It doesn't seem to matter what playlist I use or what
> parameters I use. I happens with the built-in DPL3 playlists as well as
> the ones I created with SQL Playlist. Any thoughts about what might
> cause such behavior?

Sounds like a corner case. Assuming you're using the default preference
values for *max.* number of *un*played songs (15) and *min.* number of
*un*played songs (5), set the *log level* for DPL3 to *Info*. The next
time when it stops too soon, check the log for relevant messages. If
that doesn't give you anything conclusive, set the log level of DPL3 to
*Debug*. Then check again when it stops too soon. Without meaningful log
messages, it's impossible to tell why this is happening. But please
don't post -huge- logs here (use the CODE tags), only the messages from
immediately before it happened (see timestamps).

mamema wrote:
> [22-10-11 20:14:55.6204] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1325) Warning:
> [20:14:55.6202] SQLPlayList: Error getting current playlist from
> DynamicPlayList plugin: Undefined subroutine
> &Plugins::DynamicPlayList::Plugin::getCurrentPlayList called at
> /config/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/SQLPlayList/Plugin.pm line 377.
Ignore. That's just for displaying the currently playing dpl in
SQLPlayList. Doesn't work anymore.

mamema wrote:
> [22-10-11 20:15:37.2508] Slim::Player::Playlist::song (56) The use of
> Slim::Player::Playlist::song() is deprecated, use
> Slim::Player::Playlist::track() instead
That command = deprecated. SQLPlayList had code for playback logic
(Dynamic Playlist Creator doesn't) and is therefore affected. Had to
happen sooner or later.

mamema wrote:
> of course i use several automated tag solutions from several sources
> like discogs, musicbrainz etc. and write to the tag information of the
> flac file itself because of that, i also use CustomScan from erland, to
> get MORE out of this tagging.
>
> So honestly, i do not know, if the customscan plugin is interfering with
> your plugin on the db side
I think CustomScan had a rating tag module that pulled rating values
from user-specified tags. It then committed those rating values to its
own database table *and then to the LMS database*. So if you used
CustomScan and the CustomScan auto-refresh (after a LMS rescan/restart),
it would always replace the rating values in the LMS database with
values it had pulled from the tracks' rating tag(s). That's one possible
cause for unwanted rating changes after an LMS rescan / restart. Not
sure how relevant it is in your case.

mamema wrote:
> and (end user unclear) a 5 star (shown as stars), is this Ratings
> Light?
>
> another song, also flac, never rated, i've rated with 5 stars in
> Material, IT EVEN DOESN'T STICK in Material, even though it shows the
> "end user message" "*****" at the top of material after rating.
> Of course i've ckecked default skin afterwards, nothing there

So the plugins seem to work as expected. The only question remaining is
why the rating value isn't committed to the LMS database for some
tracks. Are they dead/moved tracks perhaps (= invalid file url =
database problem)? RL will not rate invalid tracks (for good reason).
Try this: open 3 browser tabs - one with LMS *player* (-default skin-),
one with LMS *settings*, one with LMS *server log*. Then in the LMS
-player- tab find a track for which the rating "doesn't stick". Rate it
with the default skin, reload the tab and confirm the rating didn't
stick. Now, in tab 2 (-settings-) set the log level for Ratings Light to
*debug*, switch to tab 1 (default skin player) and try to rate the track
again. Then go to tab 3 (server log) and check for relevant log entries.
Good luck.

For '*bug reports*' (https://github.com/AF-1/), *FAQ* (if available) and
more detailed information about my plugins, please see the
'*GitHub*' (https://github.com/AF-1/) page or
the *first post* in the support thread for a plugin. Please post *bug
reports* for my plugins *only* on '*GitHub*' (https://github.com/AF-1/).
Thank you.