darrenyeats;224165 Wrote:
> Hugh,
> I heard about someone using an SPL meter from RS as a microphone for
> recording the sweep.
>
> I am interested in this for two reasons, both important:
> 1. I have one!
> 2. I believe it is calibrated, and from what I've read of the Behringer
> ecm8000 that mic can't be used reliably without being calibrated.
>
> So, can I use the SPL meter effectively? One assumption I am making is
> that the calibration would modify the line out (but if the line out
> gives a "raw" signal I am out of luck).
>
> If anyone knows about this please chip in.
> Darren

I tried using an RS SPL a while ago and it actually worked ok.  If you
go to his thread, browse through it and you will find a link to an RS
SPL mic calibration file that you can use with DRC:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=29489&page=4

muski

--
muski

SB3->Bryston BP25DA->Bryston 4B-SST->Watt Puppy 7s
Transporter->Headrom Max Balanced Amp->Balanced AKG701s & HD650s