A few observations and potential suggestions for improvement:

1. Using my desktop PC in a seperate room to the hifi, it is a pain to
run two long cables for recording - fair enough to have to run a long
mike cable, but can Audacity not take a feed direct from the PC, rather
than via the SB? Or does that create timing issues?

2. My hifi uses active DSP speakers, and it is not possible to mute
just the left or right speakers - I should be able to find a way around
it, probably by using the analogue output of the SB3 but that introduces
a DtoA and AtoD conversion that I wouldn't otherwise have. It would be
far easier if the InguzEQ software automated the left and right channel
sweeps (ie first playing the tones on the left channel only, and then on
the right). Sure, I might then have to split the file into two in
Audacity, but for those with DSP speakers at least, that is far easier
than reconfiguring the hifi to disable a speaker. Alternatively, how
about being able to specify LH or RH sweep in the EQ menu?

That's all for now - still battling to record that right hand sweep.

--
mortod