wnshall;260368 Wrote:
> Yes, it does.  If hit the play icon next to it, it generates a playlist
> 15 items long.  The first 9 are all from one genre, the next 6 are all
> from another genre.  If I hit clear and then the play icon again, I get
> another similar playlist containing a series of songs from two different
> genres (the first genre matches the last one from the previous
> playlist).  A third press of the play icon gives a playlist with just
> 10 songs in it, all from one genre.  I'm not sure what behavior to
> expect from this playlist when invoked from the Dynamic Playlists menu,
> but that seems strange.

It sounds like you haven't setup the following correctly, please try
again. You need to create plalists based on the exact name mentioned in
the below text, it the "for" in the names are important.

If you have based the new playlist you created on "Top rated for
genre", you should be requested to select a genre when you hit play on
it in the "Dynamic Playlist" menu.

The description from the previous post:
========
To accomplish something that works as you like you need to create a new
playlist with SQL Playlist plugin of the type "Top rated for genre". To
be able to choose this playlist type you also needs the TrackStat
plugin installed. When creating the playlist, just change the playlist
name to "Random for genre" or something similar and let the rest of the
parameters be the default values. I think you need to go to the Dynamic
Playlist plugin once in the web interface after this to make sure the
new playlist is activated.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))