Me too!

I also had some problems getting slimnas up and running.  Same symptoms
as many others have reported: just a silent failure to start up.

I eventually traced down the problem to garbage in one of the include
files used by perl, "Carp.pm".  The first disk-block had been replaced
by nulls.  The file unpacked OK on my Linux machine, so I just copied
it across, and finally got it to work.  I untared slimnas.tgz again on
the Freenas machine, just to see if there was a bug in tar, but this
time the file was OK.  Strange...

BTW, during this debugging session, I got confused (and a little
irritated, if truth be told) by slimnas' repeated copying of the php
files from /mnt/... to /usr/local/www/... I naturally enough put my
debug statements in the copy in /usr/local/www/... and found that
1) They were sometimes not executed at all because the files in
/mnt/... were used instead, and
2) They disappeared because a new copy from /mnt/... overwrote my
changes.
This can't be right. What's the point of making that copy in the first
place, if the original files are used?  And why are the files copied on
every system startup and every access through the WEB interface?

Another BTW: The config.xml sets up services_slimserver_stop.php to be
run on system shutdown, but that file doesn't exist.

--
oyersoy2