I'm really sorry: it just works for me.

- downloaded FreeNAS-i386-liveCD-0.686.3.3011.iso
- did an "embedded" install on a clean system without any previous install
- created a /mnt/slimnas share (SMB)
- copied the files from my site plus squeezecenter-7.0.1-18530-noCPAN.tgz to
that share
- run "/bin/sh /mnt/slimnas/slimnas-install.sh"
- went to the web interface, told it to install the above SC version
- enabled the service
-> SC was up and running within 10 minutes
- rebooted the system, just to be sure
-> SC was back up after a minute

What's so different from my approach to what you're experiencing?

I then tried the same procedure with a FreeNAS _full_ install. And I have to
admit that it wouldn't start SC automatically after a reboot. Though starting
it manually does work without any further issue. I'll have to investigate this
case (I had never done a full install before).

But no problems with empty folders, corrupted files, SC not starting at all.

So... are all of you who are seeing issues with the SlimNAS install using a
FreeNAS "full" installation? If not: how much memory do you have? How much
space left on the share you're trying to install SlimNAS on?

> I am getting exactly the same problem as your other users.  I am using
> FreeNAS 0.69.3072 Full Installation, your latest SlimNAS install

Don't know what version of FreeNAS this is, but it's not the latest stable.

> scripts and the SC 7.0.1 NB 17914.  During the installation SlimNAS
> will start up correctly but on a reboot of FreeNAS it fails to start.

Does work for me.

> usr/local/bin/php: Command not found.

You missed the first slash: /usr/local/bin/php

--

Michael