mherger;288970 Wrote:
> I'm really sorry: it just works for me.
>
> - downloaded FreeNAS-i386-liveCD-0.686.3.3011.iso
> - did an "embedded" install on a clean system without any previous
> install
> - created a /mnt/slimnas share (SMB)
> - copied the files from my site plus
> squeezecenter-7.0.1-18530-noCPAN.tgz to that share
> - run "/bin/sh /mnt/slimnas/slimnas-install.sh"
> - went to the web interface, told it to install the above SC version
> - enabled the service
> -> SC was up and running within 10 minutes
> - rebooted the system, just to be sure
> -> SC was back up after a minute
>
> What's so different from my approach to what you're experiencing?
>
> I then tried the same procedure with a FreeNAS _full_ install. And I
> have to admit that it wouldn't start SC automatically after a reboot.
> Though starting it manually does work without any further issue. I'll
> have to investigate this case (I had never done a full install
> before).
>
> But no problems with empty folders, corrupted files, SC not starting at
> all.
>
> So... are all of you who are seeing issues with the SlimNAS install
> using a FreeNAS "full" installation? If not: how much memory do you
> have? How much space left on the share you're trying to install SlimNAS
> on?
>
> > I am getting exactly the same problem as your other users.  I am
> using
> > FreeNAS 0.69.3072 Full Installation, your latest SlimNAS install
>
> Don't know what version of FreeNAS this is, but it's not the latest
> stable.
>
> > scripts and the SC 7.0.1 NB 17914.  During the installation SlimNAS
> > will start up correctly but on a reboot of FreeNAS it fails to
> start.
>
> Does work for me.
>
> > usr/local/bin/php: Command not found.
>
> You missed the first slash: /usr/local/bin/php
>
> --
>
> Michael

When I do an install, I am over writing the previous "embedded"install
on the USB drive, I will assume that is the same as an clean install?
The same goes for the hard drive where the /mnt/slimnas exists. The
hard drive is re-formatted after each new install.
Michael the freenas option lists for the creation of the embedded
install lists two options,  one which creates an additional file system
on the flash, and the other one does not. Which one do you use? Also
during the creation of the SMB share, there are several options
regarding inheriting permissions, extended attributes etc. Do you use
any of these?

I am fishing for some delta's :)

thanks!

--
sfraser

2 Chan. System
SB3->Benchmark DAC-1-> Bryston(BP-25,3B)->PMC TB2
Home theater System
SB2-> Bryston(SP1,4B,4B)-> PSB Stratus Goldi
Basement System
SB2-> Parasound Preamp (carver M1.0t) ->Klipsch La Scala's